There are many different types of headaches, such as Horton's headaches, tension headaches and migraines. Most are completely harmless.
Migraine / Headache
There are many different types of headaches, such as Horton's headaches, tension headaches and migraines. Most are completely harmless. Horton's headaches are examples of one of the more difficult types of headaches. The disease manifests itself through attacks of very severe headaches that are recurring during periods from one week up to a few months. Headaches can also occur in brain tumors.Migraine is one of our most common folk diseases and affects over a million Swedes. Migraines can be triggered by stress, lack of sleep, fasting, some food and hormone changes in women. Migraines are harmless and there are effective drugs that in most cases can break the headaches. In some cases, preventative drugs may also be given.
Migraine is a neurological disease that can affect anyone. The cause of migraine is not completely clear, but it seems to be largely a hereditary disease. A complicated interaction between the nervous and blood vessels systems takes place during a migraine attack, at the same time as chemical substances are released and make the blood vessels extra pain-sensitive.
Diagnosis and treatment of migraine
You cannot cure migraines but you can do a lot yourself to reduce the number of attacks by coming to terms with what causes the attacks and avoiding the factors as far as possible. There is effective treatment for almost all migraines, both medications that help when the attack arrives and those that prevent migraines.
There is great interest in what really happens in the body during a migraine attack. In addition, major genetic studies, so-called genome-wide association studies (GWAS), which screen a large number of genetic markers across the entire genome in migraine registries from different parts of the world. Through these screenings, new genetic risk factors for migraine can be identified.
Previously, only mutations inherited with the disease have been identified in monogenic forms of migraine (since only a single gene causes the disease), but recent GWAS reports find genetic variants associated with sporadic migraine both with and without aura in several parts of the world. Effects on gene expression have been observed for some of these genetic variants that are close to / in genes, but much work remains to be done.
ZOBR Migraine Gel Ice Hat
- THERAPEUTIC EFFECT: Cold therapy reduces swelling, discomfort and pain caused by headaches, migraines, inflammation, injury. Provides instant cooling sensation and soothing relief for all the pain points on your head. Liquid gel packs stay cold for long periods of time. Great for migraines, headaches, tension headaches, head colds, fever, muscle aches and stiffness, sinusitis, stress, fever, or inflammation relief.
- COMFORTABLE, REUSABLE: Ice Coverage is on both sides of your head as well as your forehead. The hat is made from lightweight and soothing, fleecy, machine washable material. Comes with 3 removable and reusable liquid gel nylon pack inserts. Simply wipe the inserts down to clean.
- CUSTOM, SECURE FIT: Designed to have an exact and comfortable fit. Adjustable, fastener closure adjusts around your head for a secure and custom fit for all head sizes. Easily adjusts to target pressure points and create compression. Perfectly contours to your head, reaching deep into the tissue to reduce pain and tension, and stays securely in place for hands free use.
- EASY TO USE: Simply place either the entire migraine hat, or just the gel pack inserts, in refrigerator or freezer until desired temperature for a cooling/ ice pack effect. Then adjust the fastener closures around your head. The migraine hat is then ready to relieve your migraines, swelling, aches and pains!
- SAFE- Made from non-toxic, medical grade liquid gel with premium nylon cover, Latex Free. Safe and resists tearing and leaking. Drug free pain reliever. Can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer for convenient use.
Enjoy the therapeutic effects worry free!
Did you know that…
Migraines are characterized by highly pulsating headaches that come in attacks More than 1 million Swedes are affected by migraines. Migraine is more common among women. Having relatives with migraines is a strong risk factor and heredity has been estimated to be as high as 50%.