Ginger is among the healthiest (and most delicious) spices on the planet. It is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits for your body and brain.
Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is perhaps a little unexpected for us in Sweden the most used spice in the world. They are a herb that has been used in China and India for over 4700 years and was a sought after product thanks to its healing properties against a variety of ailments.
What makes ginger so useful is, above all, the topic of gingerol, which has also been the subject of many studies that confirm several of the alleged health effects. One of the big positive effects is its ability to relieve stomach upset. Something we have seen over and over with our ZOBR clients. Therefore, we recommend eating more ginger.
1. Strengthens a weak immune system and prevents colds immune defense-bacteria-parasite-fungusIn Ayurvedic medicine that has been practiced for thousands of years, ginger has been an important part of its immune-boosting effect. The perception is that it can speed up blood flow and warm the body. Improved flow of blood and lymph as well as increased heat can more effectively take cabbage on infections and break down stored toxins.
2. Counters stroke and heart disease heart disease stroke gingerThese are two of the diseases that cause the most deaths each year. But it seems that regular intake of ginger can reduce the risk of suffering. Especially if eaten together with healing foods such as onions that can also help prevent platelets from sticking together. It also seems to have positive effects on cholesterol.
3. Helps digestion and against nausea nausea gingerDo you often have a stomach ache, feeling upset or bloated in the stomach or feeling bad? Ginger has been used as a home remedy to strengthen digestion for thousands of years. Recently, it was also supported in a Taiwanese study. In studies, it has also been shown to be effective against nausea where, among other things, drugs have been used to counteract motion sickness. It can also relieve nausea during pregnancy and after surgery.
4. Kills fungal infection candida fungus gingerFungal infections can be tricky to treat as they become increasingly resistant to conventional medications. But ginger is often very effective in combating them. Of the 29 plant species studied in a study from Carleton University, ginger extract was the best at killing fungi. It can be used both to clean out fungus on the inside and outside.
5. Heal stomach ulcer and GERD gastric ulcer gerd ginger Research already in the 80s showed that ginger can help cure stomach ulcers. A recent study from India found that ginger was 6 to 8 times more potent than the drug Prevacid, which is commonly used in GERD. But one should be careful and start with a small amount and increase gradually.